10 Ways to Keep Up on Various Grants and Government Funding Available to Your Business
Small business owners are always looking for ways to cut costs and save money. One way to do this is to take advantage of various grants and government funding that may be available to your business. But with so many different programs out there, it can be difficult to keep up with all the latest information. Here are 10 ways you can stay on top of the latest news about grants and government funding available to small businesses like yours.
- 1. The first place to start is the Department of Small and Local Business Development website. This site has a wealth of information about different programs and initiatives that may be of interest to small businesses in your area.
- 2. Another great resource is Grants.gov. Here you can search for potential grant opportunities by keyword, category, or eligibility requirements. You can also sign up for email alerts so you'll be notified as new grant opportunities become available.
- 3. If you're looking for funding specifically for women-owned businesses, then make sure to check out the Women's Business Enterprise National Council website. This site contains a searchable database of over 1,000 different grants, loans, and other financial assistance programs that may be available to you.
- 4. The Minority Business Development Agency is another government agency that provides financial assistance to minority-owned businesses. Their website includes a handy search tool that allows you to filter results by type of funding, region, target industry, or eligibility requirements.
- 5. The Small Business Administration is a well-known resource for small businesses, but did you know they also offer grants? Their website includes information on how to apply for grants, as well as a list of current grant opportunities that may be relevant to your business.
- 6. The United States Chamber of Commerce Foundation has a great website called "Free Money for Your Small Business." As the name implies, this site contains a wealth of information about different grants and financing options available to small businesses across the country.
- 7. Are you a veteran-owned business? Then you'll want to check out Veterans Corporation's website which maintains a database of over 2,000 different federal and non-federal programs that offer assistance specifically to veteran-owned businesses.
- 8. If you're looking for funding to help with environmental sustainability initiatives, then look no further than the Environmental Protection Agency's website which includes information on both federal and state level programs that provide financial assistance for these types of projects.
- 9. The Farmers Market Coalition has compiled a helpful list of over 50 different grant programs that offer funding specifically for farmers markets around the country. And last but not least,
- 10. the Foundation Center maintains an online directory of over 90,000 different foundations from around the world which house billions of dollars in grant money waiting to be awarded each year. Even if you don't find any relevant grant opportunities here, this site can at least give you an idea of what types of foundations are out there and what they tend to fund.
There are a variety of resources available to help small business owners stay abreast of the latest news about grants and government funding opportunities. The best way to find out what's available is to proactively search for resources that fit your specific needs. By taking advantage of these 10 resources, you'll be well on your way to finding the funding your business needs.Read Less